Monday, February 27, 2012

Wooden Name Sign! - SIMPLE!

To make this wooden name block (or any text for that matter), choose a piece of wood. I used this leftover 2x6 from my fiance's construction project at work!  
First, sand the wood down to a smooth touch! Then paint the entire wood block a single color, preferably two coats; this will be the color of the text! While the paint is drawing, cut out the letters you would like out of sticky vinyl. This is where my CRICUT machine comes in handy! (I love that thing!). Once the paint on the block is completely dry, stick the letters in place! Paint the ENTIRE block a different color; this will be the background color. Once the paint completely dries, peel of the letters, to reveal your awesome looking sign! 
TIP: I like to spray an acrylic sealer on it to give it a little gloss; especially on girly signs!


No comments:

Post a Comment