Monday, April 29, 2013

EASY PEASY BBQ!!!

Ok! I have to start out this post by letting everyone know, I have NOT THE SLIGHTEST clue how to Bar-B-Que!!!   I have watched and flipped a few burgers to help my dad, but I seriously am so proud of myself this weekend. It was my dad's Birthday and I took over the grill, so that he could relax!  A co-worker had brought in left over kabobs last week, and I was way jealous!  I figured, it couldn't be that hard!  and I was so right!

I set off to the store! I picked up some chicken breasts, shrimp, onions, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and pineapple! (feel free to add any fruit or veggies you and your family love!)
Note: I decided to do the chicken and shrimp on different skeweres, since the chicken takes a little longer to cook.
I marinated the chicken and shrimp in a red pepper sauce!  It was a hit! and even better; I found it at Big Lots for only $2.00!
While the meat is marinating, also soak the skewer sticks in water (this keeps them from burning).
Then cut all your produce in to chunks
Thread the skewers and throw them on the grill and turn skewers occasionally.
The Chicken ones take about 10-15 minutes as the shrimp only took about 7-10!
I did not do this, but a friend told me for next time to line the grill with aluminum foil, to keep track of any pieces that fall off!   I only lost one onion in the grill! haha not bad!

Happy BBQing and Happy SUMMER!!!  whooo hoo it has finally arrived!

My Amazing MasterPiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment